The armor of God, our gear for battle, and by “battle” I mean our gear to get through each day. How’s yours looking? Have you been wearing and caring for it regularly or is it collecting dust? Maybe you’re wearing it out (not really possible by the way) and it needs a good shining. Whatever the condition, are you wearing your armor daily? Quick tip, our armor doesn’t work if it’s not worn.
If you need a quick shine or to dust yours off and put it back on, today is a great day to do so.
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. ~Ephesians 6:11
The helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the belt of truth, the shield of faith, the sword of the spirit and the shoes of peace, 6 pieces of gear made by our creator to protect you from head to toe.
God created multiple pieces for a reason. Each piece is intended to protect us from sin and evil. Purposely gearing up and doing a quick head to toe armor check daily helps us keep our focus on God as well as who He created us to be.
- The Helmet of Salvation helps us control our thoughts, protects our minds from the evil one and keeps our eyes fixed on Jesus and God’s Word. Jesus is our salvation.
- The Breastplate of Righteousness, fitted perfectly to our chests to guard our heart. It keeps our heart pure and equipped with God’s word and God’s will.
- The Belt of Truth is the center piece, the piece that holds it all together. Wrapping us in truth, The Word that never fails.
- The Sword of the Spirit is our protector and weapon. The Holy Spirit lives inside of us and is our tool, our companion and our advisor when facing anything life throws at us.
- The Shoes of Peace are just that, our feet fitted with peace to get us from one place to another. When we walk faithfully with our Lord we find peace in the places we go.
- The Shield of Faith the final piece. A shield like no other, radiating faith and covering us in it as we hold it up. Pure faith, so sin and evil may come toward us, but simply hit our shield and bounce off.
In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. ~Ephesians 6:16
Some days it feels like “flaming arrows” (Ephesians 6:16) are coming at us from every angle. Shine your armor, strap it on and guard yourself. Negative thoughts, false idols, temptations, self doubt, junk food, unkind words can be repelled by our armor. All we have to do is wear it, feel it and trust it. The good Lord equipped us with all the armor to stay strong and faithful to Him. Be that amazing person God is working so hard to protect, intentionally put on your armor every day.
Lindsey Bustamante, Guest Writer
About the Author – Lindsey Bustamante
Lindsey Bustamante is a reformed soul with a passion for writing what God puts on her heart. She has an adoration for people, especially those she can help. In January of 2020 Lindsey started a motivational group on social media (truth_and_might) writing almost daily about living a healthy life, mind, body and Spirit through scripture. She believes all things are possible with God and by utilizing the fruits of the Spirit, especially self-control, total health is achieved. Lindsey is a wife, a mother of two boys and is a skilled procrastinator who will never pass up a conversation with a good friend.