A Memorial Tribute to Our Son
From Bill & Frances Fry
Steven Fry – July 9, 2002 – September 30, 2020
A Beloved Son
Our son Steven passed away on September 30, 2020, from an accidental self-inflicted gun shot wound. Steven was with us for 18 years and now with God forever. We have many fond memories and are always so proud to talk about Steven, “Our Beloved Son.” We have grown and adapted to our lives without Steven but will forever know the pain of our loss. Steven had a lot of ups and downs. His graduation from the ‘Wyoming Cowboy Challenge Academy’ was a great moment for him and us. This was nine months before his passing. While at this Academy he wrote a beautiful prayer that he presented to a large crowd attending the graduation. I would consider it a privilege to share that prayer and inspiration with all of you as a memorial to Steven’s legacy of faith, hope and love for God and others.
May his memory live forever!
Prayer Written & Delivered by Steven Fry at the WCCA Graduation Class 40
Everyone please bow your heads and join me in prayer.
Dear God, please help us start a new path of our lives.
Please guide us onto a new path away from gangs, drugs and drinking.
Please show us what else life has to offer, instead of the same mistakes we continue to make.
Please give us the strength to pull ourselves out of this deep hole we’ve got ourselves into and heal every relationship we’ve hurt.
We want a better life instead of the one we have been going down.
Thank you for this chance to change for the better and everything you’ve gave us.
Also, all of our loved ones who have stuck by our sides throughout all of the ups and downs, let us show them we are better than who we used to be, before we came here.
We want to follow you and have you guide us onto a new better chapter of our lives.
In Jesus name, Amen.
A Father’s Prayer – By Bill Fry
Father God, may I in thought and action:
- Honor You, Father, as the creator and sustainer of all things through Jesus Christ Your Son, and revealed to us by the Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1, John 1:3, 5:23, Luke 11:13, Hebrews 1:3
2. Honor and show respect for others as being created in Your image, no matter the culture, sex, age, mentality or beliefs.
Genesis 1:26-27, Colossians 3:10, 1 Thessalonians 3:11-12, 2 Timothy 2:25-26
3. Live with the joy of Heaven set before me and other believers. Always remembering that the trials of this world are incomparable to the glory which will be revealed in Heaven.
Romans 8:18, Colossians 3:4, James 1:2, 1 Peter 4:13
4. Praise you God in all circumstances presented to me as I proceed through each and every day, no matter what the cost to my happiness or comfort. Never resisting or complaining about any of Your plans for my life or the lives of others.
Hebrews 3:15, 13:15-16, Exodus 15:2, Psalm 34:1-3
5. That I would in my heart and mind be a friend to You, God, and Your Son, Jesus Christ. Showing love in bold and extravagant ways to give You all the glory, but never to call attention to myself or others.
Matthew 26:10, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Isaiah 42:8, Proverbs 18:24
6. That I would be ready in and out of season to share the hope that is within me and share the atonement provided by the death and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ, choosing light over darkness.
1 John 1:5, 2 Timothy 4:2, 1 Peter 3:15
7. That I would trust You, God, to supply all my daily needs. Being content in Your provision with no comparison or jealousy. Knowing every good and perfect gift come from You.
1 Timothy 6:6-8, 2 Timothy 1:6-7, James 1:17
8. That I would be sensitive to refrain from doing that which would grieve the Holy Spirit or cause pain to others.
Ephesians 4:30-32, 1 Thessalonians 4:13
9. That I would be quick to respect and ask forgiveness of my sins toward You, God, and others.
Matthew 4:17, 2 Chronicles 7:14, 2 Corinthians 7:10, Luke 3:8
10. That I would show the mercy and forgiveness You alone, God, have given me towards others, not holding onto any offensive thought to the obedience of Christ.
Matthew 6:14, James 2:13, 18:21, Colossians 3:13-14
11. That I would seek to be in unity with You, God, and Jesus, and be one with You as You are one. Forsaking self-realization and seeking Christ-realization.
Proverbs 2:1-5, John 17:20-23
12. That I would honor You, God, and Your purpose, thoughts and plans toward myself and others, as an individual, and as part of the larger body of Christ. Always striving to advance Your kingdom now and for eternity. Resisting evil and using the whole armor of God.
Matthew 6:33, 2 Corinthians 4:16-17, Ephesians 6:10, James 5:8
13. That I would be a good steward over all my talent and finances, always acknowledging Your ownership of all things.
Matthew 25:21, Ephesians 1:7, 1 Corinthians 7:23
14. That above all, I would always be open to receiving Your love and sharing the love I have received back from You and others, knowing Your love never fails.
Matthew 10:7-8, 1 Corinthians 13:4, Colossians 3:13, Philippians 1:9
Steven was very strong willed, but he had a big heart and would try to help anyone he could. He didn’t like to see anyone hurting or treated unfairly. Steven would go without if it meant someone else was better off. He was loyal to a fault and had many people who loved him.
Steven loved the outdoors. He liked to go hiking, bike riding and to spend time with friends around the fire pit. Steven loved life, he loved to celebrate the holidays, watch movies, listen to music. He enjoyed writing and drawing. He was good at video games, Call of Duty was his favorite.